Covey allowed a double and a two-run homer in the first, and yielded two more runs on three hits in the second inning. Covey recovered for a spell, but then Castro went deep on a 3-0 pitch into the visiting bullpen in left field for his third homer this season, and Judge followed with his soaring shot.
And Severino can't get the blame in the Yankees 4-1 loss to the White Sox which snapped their early season eight-game winning streak. The game tips-off at 7:00 PM EST in Yankee Stadium, New York.
"I never thought about it", Gonzalez said of the skid.
Montgomery struck out four and allowed seven hits and three earned runs in the win.
"It's unbelievable", NY second baseman Starlin Castro said.
"His stuff was moving all over".
Australia scraps visa for skilled foreign workers
Indians looking for skilled worker visas to countries like Australia and the United States will no longer have it easy. The list for the longer visa will be even more strict, said Immigration Minister Peter Dutton .
"He's done it all, and it's a complete opposite of the way the year started last year, and it's great to see because we remember the struggles he went through last year", Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Monday afternoon.
Yankees catcher Austin Romine has had the best view for two of Luis Severino's best starts as a big leaguer.
The Yankees, who had four hits with runners in scoring position, came into the game hitting.200 in those situations.
"I wasn't getting the call inside", Holland said.
Yankees second. Aaron Judge singles to right field.
Severino (1-1) was dominant for much of the night, throwing his fastball at up to 99 miles per hour.
KKR-backed consortium makes $4.7 bln cash offer for Australia's Tatts
Tatts shareholders will control 58% of the enlarged entity, with Tabcorp's shareholders holding the remaining 42%. A buyout consortium has made a fresh attempt to gatecrash the betting group's takeover by rival Tabcorp.
The biggest of the Baby Bombers hit one of the biggest home runs of the young major league season Wednesday night. They've allowed three runs or fewer in all seven games, and have pitched at least six innings in six of the seven starts. It was the center fielder's third career home run in 166 games. Avisail Garcia is that player, as he has three hits in six career at-bats against the hurler.
"It was pretty impressive", NY manager Joe Girardi said. "It's maybe the furthest one I've seen here to left-center". I was trying to get a strikeout basically.
To clear a roster spot, the White Sox optioned outfielder Willy Garcia to Triple-A Charlotte after Sunday's win over the Twins.
Atlanta scored a run against Nationals closer Brent Treinen and had the bases loaded with one out. Tanaka didn't have his best stuff but he grinded out a nice 7 IP, 1 ER outing while the offense hit four out of the park en route to a 9-1 victory. McEwing took on the task because Renteria was hobbled by knee inflammation. C Geovany Soto (right elbow inflammation) threw Monday. LHP Carlos Rodon (bursitis in left biceps) and RHP Jake Petricka (lat strain) still haven't thrown off a mound and there's no timetable for their return, according to Hahn.
Standing 6-foot-6-inches and using an over-the-top delivery, Montgomery delivers the baseball from a unique arm slot. The Pirates lost for the first time in four games.
Tanaka takes a seven-game winning streak at home into Wednesday's game. Gregorius could rejoin the Yankees during their next homestand. NY went 8-1 over its first stretch in the Bronx this season, its most wins in a homestand since going 9-1 from July 17-26, 2009. The 2016 NL Cy Young Award victor allowed only one other runner as far as second base, finishing with seven strikeouts (see full recap).
Wells Fargo Board faults aggressive culture in sales scandal
But executives treated these staffers as rogues, blamed them and treated the problem as not being systemic throughout the bank. About 5,300 employees were fired during the same time period for sales practices violations, the bank has said.